You don’t need to be an expert to reach out – just a good friend and a great listener. With R U OK Day on September 8th, we wanted to remind you that you can be the difference in making some feel better.
The R U OK team aim to empower everyone to meaningfully connect with the people around them and start a conversation with those in their world who may be struggling with life. Not sure how? Try using their four steps to begin a conversation that could change a life:
- Ask R U OK?
- Encourage action
R U OK also has a vast selection of activities to spark conversation if the conversation on its own can be challenging for some. Click here to view all their resources.
It is also essential to check in with yourself and exercising at our facility is a great way to do so, here are a couple of reasons why:
- Whether it’s a walk, swimming a couple of laps or a full-strength training session, any workout is a great way to boost your mood.
- Group fitness classes are a perfect way to increase happiness and endorphins by combining socialising and exercising together.
- Participating in Yoga is a great way to wind down, you’re exercising your mind and body with this class.
- Setting yourself an allocated time to concentrate on yourself whether you have your headphones on or you train with others is a fantastic stress reliever. Turn the world off for a moment and reset.
If you are struggling, there are many hotlines and communication services that you can reach out to you. We have written a list below:
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636 (24 hours / 7 days a week)
- eheadspace – 1800 650 890 (8am – midnight / 7 days a week)
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 (24 hours / 7 days a week)
- Kids Helpline (5 years – 25 years) – 1800 55 1800 (24 hours / 7 days a week)
- MensLine Australia – 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours / 7 days a week)